php-fpm works with some sites but not others?

Steve steeeeeveee at gmx.net
Mon May 28 20:22:50 UTC 2012

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 28 May 2012 17:53:48 +0100
> Von: Adrian Hayter <adrianhayter at gmail.com>
> An: nginx at nginx.org
> Betreff: Re: php-fpm works with some sites but not others?

> On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 5:48 PM, Edho Arief <edho at myconan.net> wrote:
>

> > Many times, ranges from incorrect file permission, incorrect service
> > privilege, incorrect root, incorrect alias, incorrect rewrite,
> > incorrect try_files, incorrect location, incorrect variable, bug, etc.
> >
> > Not sure if that helps.
> >

> All permissions look correct to me. I very much doubt it is something
> wrong
> with an alias / rewrite / try_files since this is the same config that
> only
> a few hours ago was working perfectly well on the old install. What
> doesn't
> help is that there don't appear to be any errors in the logs (i.e. nginx
> logs just log 404's rather than PHP errors, and the php-fpm error log has
> just startup info, despite me turning error reporting on to the maximum).
>

> > I don't even know how you set up your config... (one instance per
> > host? One file per host? One "set" file per host? One big file?)
> >

> /etc/nginx/sites-available/ <-- Individual config file per host.
> /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/ <-- Symbolic links to sites-available.
>
> PHP is working perfectly on 3 other sites, and one of those sites has an
> almost identical config file (only thing changed are the names /
> server_names, etc).

If you are so super confident that everything is okay with the files then I would suggest you to do this.

Assume you have host1, host2, host3 and host4. The one not working is host4 while host1 to host3 work.

Now go on and edit the configuration for host4 and just change the document root to point to one of the other hosts (aka host1 or host2 or host3). I know, I know. This will break host4 but host4 is anyway not working (according to your statement). So after reloading nginx go into a browser and check if host4 is now working (showing the content of the other selected host). If this is the case then it is not the nginx configuration.