unknown directive "http"

Henri Reinikainen henri at reinikainen.in
Wed May 30 09:24:46 UTC 2012

Got it working again, I have no idea what was wrong. I compiled it
couple of times and error was still there. After installing and removing
older precompiled binary version with pkg_add (did not work because of
too new PCRE library). Compiled it again and it started working again.
So it was not my config :).

Thanks anyway!

- Henri

On 30.05.2012
10:02, Sergey A. Osokin wrote:

> Hi Henri,
>
> could you please
provide your configuration file, i.e. nginx.conf?

2012 at 10:18:15AM +0300, Henri Reinikainen wrote:

>> Hi, sorry to
bother Nginx compiled from FreeBSD ports tree without errors. Tested
with my old config (worked before) and nginx.conf-dist default config.
When I removed http { } block, it started to complain from mime.types
types { } block. OS: FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE GENERIC amd64 Error: Performing
sanity check on nginx configuration: nginx: [emerg] unknown directive
"http" in /usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx.conf:17 nginx: configuration file
/usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed Version: nginx-1.2.0_1,1
With: HEADERS_MORE_MODULE HTTP_CACHE_MODULE HTTP_MODULE
HTTP_REWRITE_MODULE HTTP_SSL_MODULE HTTP_STATUS_MODULE IPV6 WWW