ssl/tls https with red cross

Valentin V. Bartenev ne at vbart.ru
Wed May 30 16:54:21 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 30 May 2012 19:44:59 tariq wali wrote:
[...]
> I want to know if we really have to explicitly specify ssl_protocols and
> ssl_ciphers in the config in order to be fully https for the said directive
> ??

Most of the directives in nginx have their default values​​. Please, check the
documentation if you want to know them:

  http://nginx.org/r/ssl_protocols
  http://nginx.org/r/ssl_ciphers

> Also does it make sense to enable ssl/tls support on apache also ? in my
> case i have nginx in front of the apache .

Depends on your purposes. But since you asked, probably, it doesn't make
sense in your case.

In general, if all requests come in via HTTP, then the HTTPS support is
meaningless.

 wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev