Re: Nginx-Upstream-proxy next upstream-惊天大Bug

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Thu May 31 15:12:05 UTC 2012

Hello!

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 10:55:11AM -0400, youzhengchuan wrote:

> upstream backend {
>      server flvdownload.ppserver.org.cn:80 max_fails=0;
>      server flvstorage.ppserver.org.cn:80 backup;
> }
>
> server{
>   location / {
>     proxy_next_upstream error timeout invalid_header http_500 http_502
> http_503 http_504;
>     proxy_pass http://backend;
>   }
> }
>
> #----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> 当upstream中backup域名“
> flvstorage.ppserver.org.cn”解析结果为2个IP时候,“flvdownload.ppserver.org.cn”如果返回有异常可以成功proxy_pass到backup。
> But:当upstream中backup域名“
> flvstorage.ppserver.org.cn”解析结果为1个IP时候,backup无法使用,nginx会不断的请求“flvdownload.ppserver.org.cn”。
>
> 屡试不爽,就是不知道这是一个Bug吗?

As far as I understand, you are hitting another variant of this bug:

http://trac.nginx.org/nginx/ticket/47

It usually manifests itself with "proxy_next_upstream http_404",
but max_fails=0 does essentially the same.  The bug is fixed in
1.3.0.

Maxim Dounin

p.s. This is English mailing list, please don't write in Chinese
here.  Thank you.