resolver does not re-resolve upstream servers after initial cache

Sergey Budnevitch sb at
Thu Nov 8 12:05:48 UTC 2012

On 8  Nov2012, at 15:07 , guilhem <nginx-forum at> wrote:

> All my nginx servers have been down because of this.
> Just like you, I can't remove my server groups but I want the flexibility of
> DNS resolving (Not failing at start and TTL).

If you want the flexibility of DNS resolving and safeguard yourself against
DNS failure you should either add hostnames to /etc/hosts or start
local named/NSD/etc with appropriate slave zones.