Can NGinx replace Varnish

gt420hp nginx-forum at nginx.us
Wed Nov 14 14:31:28 UTC 2012

We are using Varnish in front of 3 load balanced web servers running apache.
 We had migrated from one hosting platform where we had 1 app server and 1
database server using Varnish (Drupal 6.x) and had no issues.  Now that we
are running in a load balanced environment (3 load balanced apache web
servers, a Varnish server, and 1 database server) we are seeing mulitple
examples of cacheing issues. (Pages not displaying correctly ...style
issues, data input staying cached and used on another page, etc).

We think we can just replace the Varnish server and use a NGinx server.  I
don't want to necessarily remove all the apache servers, but we have to get
this cacheing issue corrected....

any thoughts...?

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,232796,232796#msg-232796