Connection reset by peer on first request

Cancer nginx-forum at nginx.us
Wed Nov 14 23:26:55 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm using Nginx with php-cgi.  A problem arose recently where if you have
not used my site for a few minutes and then go to it, the first request is
always 'connection reset by peer'.  If you refresh, everything functions
normally until you leave for a few minutes and go to another link.  It
happens 100% of the time. Does anyone know what could be the problem?

All I get in error log with debug on are these messages:
2012/11/14 17:25:46 [info] 3454#0: *2516 client prematurely closed
connection while reading client request line, client: *, server: domain.com

Also, these coincide with the 400 bad request errors in access.log.  I have
tried restart dns server, nginx, php-cgi, etc, but to no avail.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,232817,232817#msg-232817