proxy_pass, dynamic ports upstream

mahhy nginx-forum at
Thu Nov 15 19:33:18 UTC 2012

While I can easily build a map as such:

map $uri $engineport {
  ~^/2201/  2201;
  ~^/2202/  2202;
  <snip 100 more ports>

This still doesn't seem to work with a set of load balanced upstream
servers.  Trying to append a port onto the proxy_pass directive when used
with an upstream server group fails with the resolver related message in my
orignal post.

With a single server upstream this can be done, however I want to round
robin/loadbalance over 2 or more...

- mahhy