nginx + fossil configuration problem

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Wed Nov 21 22:19:22 UTC 2012

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 10:25:11PM +0100, Monthadar Al Jaberi wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 7:53 PM, Francis Daly <francis at daoine.org> wrote:

Hi there,

> I changed this line:
>
> proxy_set_header Host $host;
>
> to:
>
> proxy_set_header Host $host:$proxy_port;

I'd undo that change. It effectively means that you are bypassing nginx
and going to fossil directly, which is probably not what you want.

> So this redirection is just before calling fossil?

No. The redirection is what the fossil server returned.

Your nginx configuration was (almost) correct. I suggest to put it back
the way it was, and then start configuring fossil to be reverse-proxied.

> Where do the extra '/' come from?

You changed "location /fossil/" to "location /fossil". The difference
there is the extra / here.

> I read a litte more and found a directive called
> rewrite, should I use it somehow to remove the xtra slash added?

No.

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org