How to bind nginx to ipv4 and ipv6 interface ?

hristoc nginx-forum at nginx.us
Mon Nov 26 21:50:20 UTC 2012

Hello,
any one can tell me what is wrong on my nginx 1.2.5 version compied with
ipv6 suppot ? I try to start nginx on both ipv4 and ipv6. I read on internet
if I put in my config file: listen [::]:80; is enought and nginx will bind
on both ipv4 and ipv6 interfaces or even if I compile nginx with ipv6
support is enought and on listen 80; will bind to ip4 and ip6, but i receive
follow error:

[emerg] 15728#0: bind() to [::]:80 failed (98: Address already in use

Any hints how to start nginx on both intefaces ?

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,233246,233246#msg-233246