Nginx https rewrite turns POST to GET

jwxie nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Oct 2 21:13:48 UTC 2012

Hi Jonathan
Thanks for helping! It's a critical blocker.

I understand the HTTP spec there. To make it short, how do I enforce that
client to POST (an eventually PUT, DELETE, GET, ) correctly?

I mean this is not a custom situation. Pretty sure many production servers
are running in a similar config (user hits a public ip on 443 and then
redirects to an internal server).

If you are interested, without the first layer (the public proxy), and use
the same configuration directly inside the internal server, and running the
communication directly to that server will be fine. In other words, make
that server public will be fine even with rewrite rule.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,231339,231341#msg-231341