Nginx Map Multiple Parameter Input

Igor Sysoev igor at sysoev.ru
Fri Oct 12 17:18:39 UTC 2012

On Oct 12, 2012, at 19:14 , rahul286 wrote:

> Yep. When using values across lines, I noticed overwriting.
>
> One last question:
>
> I think using "P" in named capture e.g. "?P<blogpath>" is old style. But
> even on nginx 1.2 also some people get error: "pcre_compile() failed:
> unrecognized character after". It goes away when they update PCRE lib.
>
> For better compatibility, is it good idea to use "P" or is there any
> advantage without "P"?

No advantage, just readability.

?<name>   Perl 5.10 compatible syntax, supported since PCRE-7.0
?'name'   Perl 5.10 compatible syntax, supported since PCRE-7.0
?P<name>  Python compatible syntax, supported since PCRE-4.0

BTW PCRE-7.0 has been released on 19 December 2006, almost 6 years ago.

--
Igor Sysoev
http://nginx.com/support.html