Condition in location for proxy_pass [ Re-post ]

trm asn trm.nagios at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 09:46:18 UTC 2012

Dear List ,

I need to do a conditional proxy_pass , but it's not happening as expected
.

like

set $target
http://www.example.com/sso/url.ping?TargetUrl=http://www.example.com/home

And that $target , I would like to check with $request_uri in below segment
.

location /sso/ {
                proxy_set_header Host $http_host;
                proxy_redirect off;
                if ($target ~ $request_uri) {
                         proxy_pass         http://10.20.137.21;
                }
               else {
                        return 403;
               }
         }

Is that possible achieve inside "location" for "proxy_pass" .