[ANN] ngx_openresty devel version 126.96.36.199 released
agentzh at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 23:01:43 UTC 2012
I am happy to announce the new development version of ngx_openresty, 188.8.131.52:
Special thanks go to all our contributors and users for helping make
Below is the complete change log for this release, as compared to the
last (devel) release, 184.108.40.206:
* upgraded LuaJIT to 2.0.0 beta11.
* made LuaRestyRedisLibrary 27% faster,
LuaRestyMemcachedLibrary 22% faster, and
LuaRestyMySQLLibrary 15% faster, all for simple test cases
loaded by ab, tested on Linux x86_64.
* all Lua APIs involved with I/O in LuaNginxModule are faster
* complete change log: <http://luajit.org/changes.html>
* upgraded LuaRestyMemcachedLibrary to 0.09.
* optimize: we now use Lua's own "table.concat()" to do string
concatenation for all the memcached requests instead of
relying on the cosocket API (on the C level) because calling
the Lua C API is much slower especially when LuaJIT is in
use. now for simple test cases loaded by "ab -k -c10", we
get 11.3% overall performance boost.
* upgraded LuaNginxModule to 0.7.2.
* feature: now we can automatically detect the vendor-provided
LuaJIT-2.0 package on Gentoo. thanks Il'ya V. Yesin for the
patch. it is still recommended, however, to explicitly set
the environments "LUAJIT_INC" and "LUAJIT_LIB".
OpenResty (aka. ngx_openresty) is a full-fledged web application
server by bundling the standard Nginx core, lots of 3rd-party Nginx
modules and Lua libraries, as well as most of their external
dependencies. See OpenResty's homepage for details:
We have been running extensive testing on our Amazon EC2 test cluster
and ensure that all the components (including the Nginx core) play
well together. The latest test report can always be found here:
More information about the nginx