Questions about proxy_pass and internal directives

mrtn nginx-forum at nginx.us
Fri Oct 19 00:38:14 UTC 2012

On a second thought, I think I get what you mean by "internal" directive. It
will blocks ALL external requests from browsers, thus my browser request to
"/foo/bar/sth" is block immediately and 404 is returned, without doing any
proxy_pass.

I may need to rethink my design here. Ideally, I want users who request
"/foo/bar/sth" in their browsers get served by nginx with the file
"/foo/bar/sth/sth.html", while letting the backend application server
control the access to the file. I may need to rethink the design here.
Thanks for the pointers.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,231998,232009#msg-232009