SSL port other than 443

hussain nginx-forum at nginx.us
Sat Oct 20 07:30:22 UTC 2012

I am having the same issue.
Here is the server block of my nginx.conf -
#########
server{
                listen  8090 ssl;
                server_name foo.bar.com;

                ssl_certificate conf.d/ssl/foo.bar.com.crt;
                ssl_certificate_key conf.d/ssl/foo.bar.com.key;

                keepalive_timeout 60;

                location  / {
                        proxy_pass https://127.0.0.1:8010;

                        ### force timeouts if one of backend is died ##
                        proxy_next_upstream error timeout invalid_header
http_500 http_502 http_503;

                        ### Set headers ####
                        proxy_set_header Host $host;
                        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For
$proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;

                        ### Most PHP, Python, Rails, Java App can use this
header ###
                        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto https;

                        ### By default we don't want to redirect it ####
                        proxy_redirect     off;

                }
                location ~ /\.ht {
                        deny  all;
#########
As you can see I am using other port than 443. How do I make it work?

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,230326,232049#msg-232049