.htaccess style support in existing nginx

rahul286 nginx-forum at nginx.us
Thu Oct 25 12:51:52 UTC 2012

Thanks for a really scary example! :D

By the way, I was NOT planning this for shared environment.

In fact for a wordpress blog-network which use our plugin
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/nginx-helper/

Whenever users create new sites, the plugin add new sites id in map.conf
file (simple key value pair table of domain-name and numeric-ids for
efficient file-handling)

I was thinking to run a linux inotify based script to auto-reload nginx
whenever changes are detected in map.conf file.

After your example, I can add some sed commands to my script so any chars
like "{' and "}" will be stripped down!

At the end, you cannot guarantee security for anyone, no matter how safe
codes you develop. :D

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,232176,232203#msg-232203