Ngix Performace as a Reverse Proxy

Niall Gallagher - Yieldbroker Niall.Gallagher at yieldbroker.com
Sun Oct 28 22:26:04 UTC 2012

According to documentation for proxy_buffering

"For Comet applications based on long-polling it is important to set proxy_buffering to off, otherwise the asynchronous response is buffered and the Comet does not work."

I have tried the following and am not getting better results, however its still being outperformed by the Java HTTP proxy by about 10% - 15%.

worker_processes  2;
worker_cpu_affinity 01 10;
worker_rlimit_nofile 20000;

However spikes of up to 20 seconds are still frequent under high load.