Site URL not completed. Bad redirection ?

Francis Daly francis at
Tue Oct 30 19:37:46 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 11:11:31AM -0400, gerard breiner wrote:

Hi there,

> I replaced :
> location ^~/SOGo {
> proxy_pass;
> proxy_redirect default;
> By
> location /SOGo {
>     proxy_pass;
>   }

I don't think that that is what I suggested. How does that help "GET /"
become "GET /SOGo"?

> And I get the URL I expected https://sogo.mydomain/SOGo but when I want
> authenticate to I get the message :
> "You can not authenticate because the witnesses (cookies) on your browser is
> disabled. Enable cookies in your web browser and try again."

If I was trying to fix this, I would try to learn what the expected
http request/response sequence was; and then see what the actual http
request/response sequence is; and then compare the two.

So: starting from the nginx machine, what "curl -i" query or queries
should you use to do a login? (Possibly the logs of the sogo server will
tell you.)

What happens when you make those queries of (a) the sogo server; and
(b) the nginx server?

What is different?

Specifically, are there Set-Cookie lines that refer to the sogo internal
hostname that should really refer to the nginx external hostname?

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at