Nginx Frontend with Apache2 and Drupal6

Francis Daly francis at
Sat Sep 8 22:40:51 UTC 2012

On Sat, Sep 08, 2012 at 08:16:44PM +0200, Larry P. wrote:

Hi there,

> The site works fine without any issues.  The problem is that when
> someone wants to visit the site; it is necessary to enter
> ''.  I wish to change it so that a visitor only needs
> to enter '' to access the drupal site.

So, leave everything as-is, except if the user goes to the root of the
site, they end up at the drupal url?

  location = / {
    return 301;

and it should Just Work.

>From your config file, you probably want to use "" up there;
and if the first thing a request to /drupal6 does is redirect you to
/drupal6/, then you should probably use that instead too.

Francis Daly        francis at