Nginx Frontend with Apache2 and Drupal6

Francis Daly francis at
Sat Sep 8 23:45:04 UTC 2012

On Sun, Sep 09, 2012 at 01:34:13AM +0200, Larry P. wrote:

Hi there,

> I tried your suggestion but I get this error after restarting nginx:
> Restarting nginx: [emerg]: invalid number of arguments in "return"
> directive in /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/default:22.

Ah, my mistake. The nginx version you use doesn't have the same "return"
directive syntax.

  rewrite ^;

instead of the "return" line should probably work. (It still goes inside
the "location = /" block.)

> For clarification, the default behavior has been when a user goes to
>, the address bar in the browser shows
>, the content shows but the game doesn't
> work.   If a user goes to, it Just Works.

The addition above should *only* affect a request for, and should cause the browser to ask for the
working url.

Francis Daly        francis at