Nginx Frontend with Apache2 and Drupal6

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Sun Sep 9 13:55:19 UTC 2012

On Sun, Sep 09, 2012 at 02:59:47PM +0200, Larry P. wrote:

Hi there,

> Curl -i showed the correct url and clearing the cache solved the
> problem! Thank you for lending me your expert and methodical advice.
> Your assistance has also helped me understand more how NGINX works.
> Dealing with it in the future will be that much easier!

You're welcome; and good that you've found a working solution.

One side issue, which might be worth investigating more fully later, is
that the fact that port 8080 sometimes "leaks" to the client indicates
that there is still something wrong with some part of the configuration
-- nginx on port 80 is the initial entry point, but it is not a pure
"frontend" if the client is directly accessing apache.

If if matters, you may want to check which requests lead to the client
seeing a link to, or a redirect to, port 8080.

If it doesn't matter, then there's nothing to worry about.

All the best,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org