X-Accel-Redirect testing

Jonathan Matthews contact at jpluscplusm.com
Tue Sep 25 23:06:44 UTC 2012

On 25 September 2012 23:28, w00t <nginx-forum at nginx.us> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'd like to test if I set up my configs properly and if they're working.
> Should it work if I send a GET request with the X-Accel-Redirect header?

No. This is a /response/ header from (typically) a dynamic backend
which instructs nginx to serve some piece of static content, thus
freeing up the backend for more intelligent, heavy-weight request
handling. There are more sophisticated uses, but you should at least
understand this basic use case before attempting them.

Regards,
Jonathan
--
Jonathan Matthews // Oxford, London, UK