Record log of full error response?

Andres G. Aragoneses knocte at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 18:35:35 UTC 2012

On 26/09/12 13:27, Reinis Rozitis wrote:
>> serving a custom page instead of the error and just storing the error
>> code in an entry in /var/nginx/log/error.log is not enough for me: I
>> need to log the full page (the response besides the http status code).
>> Is there any way to do this? Any config setting I missed?
>
> This suggests your are using dynamic language (like php) for serving
> error pages, right?

Why?

No. I'm using a VM (that allows dynamic and static languages on top, but
the question of what kind of typing my language has I guess is already
out of topic).

> While it probably could be done with nginx itself (with using lua/perl
> modules) in case of php you could just buffer the whole output (
> http://php.net/manual/en/function.ob-start.php ) and store wherever you
> want.

I'm using fastcgi for the communication between nginx and the
application server.

Do you think there is some setting in the fastcgi configuration that
would help me?

Thanks