monit rewrite

AJ Weber aweber at comcast.net
Wed Sep 26 19:00:24 UTC 2012

OK, I am positive this is easy for you experienced nginx users!

I have a backend app server setup and am using nginx for
caching/proxy/ssl-termination.

I would like to use the "default" server (listening on 443) to redirect
the url https://host/monit to the server's monit-mini-http server (and
continue to use it for ssl termination).  so I need to direct the
backend to http://localhost:2812/.

Thus, I think I need a proxy_pass and a rewrite (to basically just
remove "/monit" from the url (pass the remainder of the url back to
monit's http server from root).  I was trying to do this inside a
location /monit { }.

But, of course, I can't get it to work. :(

Any hints?