SPDY + proxy cache = occasional 499 errors

spdyg nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Apr 2 10:54:30 UTC 2013

I posted this query back in December:

http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,233497

And the issue was fixed shortly afterwards in the 1.3.x branch.

I'm now seeing the same issue again (static items coming from proxy cache +
SPDY not displaying).

However this time, the log does not show 499 error anymore.. it just shows
successful 304.  However, looking at firefox web console, the first few
static items come back as 304 without problems, then the next set of static
items come back with no response at all.. (no response header, no body).

The setup looks like this:

Firefox -> Nginx 1.3.15 -> HAproxy -> Tomcat

Has this bug crept back in, or is this a new one?  Also reproduced on
1.3.13.

Can't seem to reproduce the issue if I take out HAproxy in the middle
though.

spdyg

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,233497,238019#msg-238019