How can I limit the total speed of a port or domain name?

tssungeng nginx-forum at nginx.us
Fri Apr 5 02:29:01 UTC 2013

centos5.5 + nginx-1.3.14

I use the limit_speed_zone
(https://github.com/yaoweibin/nginx_limit_speed_module),and set the
nginx.conf:

http {
    limit_speed_zone one $server_port 10m;
    server {
        listen       8080;
        server_name  localhost;
        location / {
            root   /opt/case/web/www;
            index  index.html index.htm index.php;
            limit_speed one 10k;

The uper setting can limit the speed to 10K per IP.

and then ,i try the HttpLimitConnModule:

http {
    limit_conn_zone $server_port zone=addr:10m;
    server {
        listen       8080;
        server_name  localhost;
        location / {
            root   /opt/case/web/www;
            index  index.html index.htm index.php;
            limit_rate 20k;

The uper setting can limit the speed to 20K per connetction.and if a IP open
5 thread for conn,then ,the IP can download 100K/s from my nginx.

the nginx.conf of my Nginx with some error?

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,238074,238119#msg-238119