Reverse proxy and wireshark

Richard Kearsley rkearsley at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Apr 6 13:19:55 UTC 2013

If you run wireshark on your main box, you will be able to see the ips
it connects to (but not the urls because of https). However they would
need to be logged into your box to run wireshark and at this point they
could just run a netstat command to find the ips it is connected to.
If you mean can the network operator find these ips? They can use tools
like netflow/sflow on their switches and routers to find these ips
(which is totally out of your control)
There's no way to prevent this..