auth_basic and file uploads.

Steve Holdoway steve at greengecko.co.nz
Thu Apr 11 06:18:19 UTC 2013

Hi Folks,

I've got a magento site under development, and just want it to be
password protected until it goes live. No problem I thought...

add in the auth_basic/auth_basic_user_file entries to the location /
block.

However, when I do that, I get a password request for the upload...

2013/04/11 05:12:40 [error] 9866#0: *31 no user/password was provided
for basic authentication, client: Mmy IP>, server: example.com, request:
"POST /index.php/admin/catalog_product_gallery/upload/key/<very long
key> HTTP/1.1", host: "example.com"

If I enclose the auth_basic/auth_basic_user_file entries in a
limit_except POST block, then I can't log in, wcwn though it them works
perfectly if I'm already logged in!

Any pointers??

Cheers,

Steve