large_client_header_buffers directive is accepted, but ignored

Scott E. MacKenzie semackenzie at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 10:54:26 UTC 2013

large_client_header_buffers directive is accepted, but ignored
nginx version: nginx/1.0.14

We are trying to pass a file through nginx but it dies at the same line
level no matter what changes we make to nginx.conf or if we adjust the
server block in the vhost as indicated in
http://nginx.2469901.n2.nabble.com/large-client-header-buffers-directive-is-accepted-in-server-but-ignored-td5435750.html

large_client_header_buffers   4 32k;

We use a dual host model where Server A is a proxy_pass for Server B which
runs our PHP code.  Both servers use the same nginx.conf and
large_client_header_buffers   4 32k; option.

414 error no matter what changes are made.  Any ideas?

Scott