Reverse proxy : preserving base url

mastah nginx-forum at
Sun Apr 14 02:35:47 UTC 2013

I'm struggling since about 2days to create a reverse proxy with nginx.
Here is my situation :
   I've a sub domain which we will call :
   I've an internal application at

What I would like :
   I would like to proxy to and i want to
keep my URL as
   So far I've done countless try without success.

The optimal situation would be that when I do : I get the content from
but without any change in the sub domain URL.

So for example if the internal app has, my sub domain should be (without app/)

Thanks in advance to anyone that is willing to help me.