limit_conn_zone and limit_conn behavior in 1.2.8

mrtn nginx-forum at
Sun Apr 14 23:06:22 UTC 2013

So, I've found out more about my situation. Apparently, limit_conn_zone
stuff I'm doing on Nginx applies to HAProxy only which is in front of my

I guess I have two options:

1. Use HAProxy (instead of Nginx) for request/connection limiting.

2. Limit requests/connections on Nginx based on X-Forwarded-For instead of
the IP of HAProxy (which is going to always

Which do you guys think would work better? Thanks!