Cross-compiling Nginx for ARM?

W-Mark Kubacki wmark+nginx at hurrikane.de
Wed Apr 17 13:31:40 UTC 2013

2013/4/16 Shohreh:
> djczaski Wrote:
>
> Thanks for the input. By any chance, did you write a tutorial that I could
> use to try and compile it for that other ARM processor?

Here you go:
[1] http://mark.ossdl.de/en/2009/09/nginx-on-sheevaplug.html

You don't need to patch Nginx anymore and can skip step 7.

I've run a Gentoo binhost for ARM architecture, compatible to the
Sheevaplug's Kirkwood 88F6281 »Feroceon«. Some binaries might work on
Ubuntu, though I've switched to Gentoo:
[2] http://binhost.ossdl.de/ARM/armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi/ (see
www-servers there; »Packages« is a plaintext file which lists the
contents of the binhost)

More:
[3] http://mark.ossdl.de/en/2009/09/gentoo-on-the-sheevaplug.html
[4] http://mark.ossdl.de/en/2009/09/network-booting-linux-on-the-sheevaplug.html
[5] http://mark.ossdl.de/en/2009/09/cross-compiling-for-the-sheevaplug-kernel-distcc.html
[6] http://mark.ossdl.de/en/2009/10/sheevaplug-kernel-and-gentoo-binhost.html
Links to git.ossdl.de don't work, but you can download my modified
kernel, get its ».config« and compile your own. Most patches
(excluding the one for SATA on the SheevaPlug) have already been
integrated into Linux.

[7] http://mark.ossdl.de/en/2010/04/howto-extend-the-sheevaplug-by-esata.html

If I were you I would go for a Mikrotik Routerboard (the RB951G-2HnD
is excellent except its lack of 5GHz wifi). That are MIPS machines,
though. ;-)

--
Mark