Subrequests: returning response to client

davidjb nginx-forum at nginx.us
Mon Apr 22 04:17:31 UTC 2013

Maxim Dounin Wrote:

> What you are trying to do should be possible with
> NGX_HTTP_SUBREQUEST_IN_MEMORY - this way subrequest body will be
> available in memory instead of being sent to a client.  But it's
> not currently supported for fastcgi.

Thanks for the clarification and your reply.  I've taken to ignoring request
and response bodies for now since in my use case, the auth_request backend
really only needs to respond with redirections for Single Sign On.

Is the thinking that this may eventually be supported by other modules like
FastCGI/uWSGI or is it related to some technical issue?

Thanks,
David

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,238444,238522#msg-238522