writev function not implemented

Jérôme P. lists at ruby-forum.com
Tue Aug 6 00:09:47 UTC 2013

I believe it *is* implemented.

I re-did my tests on:
- 3.10 (Debian)
- 3.8 (Debian)
- 3.8.0-27-generic (Ubuntu, the same as yours)
- 3.2.0-40 (Ubuntu)
- 2.6.38.2 (in-house)

They all worked.

I don't understand exactly how AUFS passes writev to the underlying
filesystem, but there might be some weird interaction with ZFS. I tried
with tmpfs, ext4, and btrfs, they all worked.

Then I wondered if it could have been caused by something special in
Docker, so I tried within a Docker container (not just in a manual AUFS
mount) - and it worked.

Would you mind trying with a non-ZFS backend? (I'm asking just because
it will be much faster for you to test with a non-ZFS backend, than for
me to re-install ZFS on my Linux machine :-))