NGINX serving data via NFS mount

Jonathan Matthews contact at
Mon Aug 12 08:23:27 UTC 2013

On 12 Aug 2013 08:34, "Rakshith" <nginx-forum at> wrote:
> Hi,
> Can anybody tell me what are the things needed by nginx to forward the
> request via the NFS mount point?? Changes to the config file as such??

Nothing special is needed in my experience. That's the point of NFS
exposing a "normal" file system to user-space applications.

Some things you may wish to check:

Your curl invocation's host doesn't match the config
Are you sure you're hitting that nginx server{}? Try it with vs0 instead of
the IP (you may need a hosts file entry, of course)

Check the nginx error log.

Check the permissions, the directory and file ownership are all correct and
allow the nginx daemon access - not just on the file you're accessing but
all the directories in the FS hierarchy leading to it. Ownership mismatches
are a common operational NFS problem

Lastly, I would *never* point nginx to the root of a filer's FS. Even in
testing it's a bad idea. Create a directory to hold your content.