nginx 1.4.1 - slow transfers / connection resets

Philip Hofstetter phofstetter at sensational.ch
Tue Aug 20 07:14:18 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 7:05 PM, Lukas Tribus <luky-37 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Looks like there is some timeout at 600 seconds (Time Spent: 0:09:58)? Any match
> in the haproxy or nginx configurations?

That's consistent with what nginx is logging to the error log. But it
doesn't make sense as there is data being transmitted.

>> I have a nginx (stock ubuntu config) as a reverse proxy in front of  a
>> haproxy in front of 5 more nginx machines which use fastcgi to talk to
>> php-fpm.
>
> Since you can reproduce it with curl, why not track the issue down to a
> specific part of your infrastructure (try on the nginx backends first,
> then on the haproxy box, and then on the frontent nginx box).

That's what I've done before coming here. No issues on either haproxy
or the backend.

Here's the debug log of just the failing request (thanks, nginx, for
making error_log a directive that can be used in a location block):

http://www.gnegg.ch/debug.log

Philip

--
Sensational AG
Giesshübelstrasse 62c, Postfach 1966, 8021 Zürich