nginx 1.4.1 - slow transfers / connection resets

Igor Sverkos igor.sverkos at
Tue Aug 20 19:24:41 UTC 2013

> After a 60 seconds timer was fired and client connection was
> closed as timed out.
> Yeah. That's what I feared. But the connection was definitely still
> open and data was being transferred.

You are still testing through your 2G GSM connection, right?
How can you be sure that this connection isn't lagging?

Can you create a network capture on server-side?

Can you bypass the dynamic backend, e.g. are the clients able to fetch a
2.1MB static file just for testing through your nginx setup?