fastcgi_buffering and caching from FastCGI server

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Mon Dec 2 13:45:22 UTC 2013

Hello!

On Mon, Dec 02, 2013 at 10:57:05AM +0200, wishmaster wrote:

> Hi, devel team!
>
> Playing with caching responses from FCGI server I've found not
> documented issue. When  fastcgi_buffering is "off", then
> fastcgi_cache doesn't work. Yes, this is logical completely, but
> I think would be better specify it in docs.
> What do you think?

If you think that explicitly mentioning this will be beneficial,
you may try submitting a patch for the documentation.  Note that
this applies to both proxy and fastcgi (well, actually to uwsgi
and scgi as too, but we have no docs for them), and to both cache
and store.  That is, proxy_store, proxy_cache, fastcgi_store and
fastcgi_cache.

See here for basic instructions on how to submit patches:

http://nginx.org/en/docs/contributing_changes.html

Source of the nginx.org site with the documentation can be found
here:

http://hg.nginx.org/nginx.org

http://nginx.org/en/donation.html