nginx - workers segfaulting

Lukas Tribus luky-37 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 3 08:19:46 UTC 2013

Hi!

> I'm facing a small problem with gdb and separate debuginfo's. Do you build
> with the '-g' compiler option?

Probably not. Please check with
file /usr/sbin/nginx

Does the repository contain a special debug build like nginx-debug or
something? Could you install it?

Whoever maintains the centos binaries on nginx.org, please advise howto
get the symbol informations; /usr/sbin/nginx.debug doesn't seem to contain
it:

> warning: the debug information found in "/usr/sbin/nginx.debug" does not
> match "/usr/sbin/nginx" (CRC mismatch).

> [root at XXXX2 nginx]# gdb --pid 39019

Please let it properly dump a core.

Here is an example howto configure nginx so the workers can actually
coredump:
http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,234757,234860

Thanks,

Lukas