TCP -TLS Redirection

Chaitanya Kamsu Chaitanya_Kamsu at infosys.com
Thu Dec 5 12:59:11 UTC 2013

Hi Team ,

I want to do a tcp to tls proxy. we need to communicate to apple server via tls (tcp over ssl). our server does not have internet access so we need to use a proxy server that has internet access which can

  *   either accept the tcp communication and do a tls communication with apns. in this case our server just need to send data over tcp to proxy server without any SSL.

  *   our server can send data over tls, if proxy server can do a transparent redirection.

we have tried nginx, it is able to do tcp to tcp redirection but nginx is not allowing ssl directive to be specified in the upstream block of tcp configuration.

any help in this direction will be greatly appreciated. i am giving below the tcp configuration in nginx configuration:

tcp {

    upstream cluster {
        server 127.0.0.1:9521;
    }