Maintenance mode for all but my ip

B.R. reallfqq-nginx at yahoo.fr
Sat Dec 7 15:19:03 UTC 2013

Hello,

On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 4:10 PM, Jonathan Matthews
<contact at jpluscplusm.com>wrote:

> >     rewrite ^.*$ $target #Redirecting all traffic according to
> map-assigned
>
> I don't particularly like ^^^ this. It seems like a level of
> indirection too far ;-)

​To me​, your solution looks double evil:
1°) Using an unneeded 'if' directive
2°) Needs modifying each and every location block.
Going that way, you could use the much simpler Paul's solution, denying all
blocks to everyone but the allowed IP address, that is copy-pasting 'deny'
and 'allow' directives​ everywhere...

I was trying to think about something more scalable, self-contained and
generic. ;o)
---
*B. R.*