Matthew Ngaha chigga101 at
Wed Dec 11 20:20:51 UTC 2013

> On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 10:17:25PM +0000, Matthew Ngaha wrote:

>> The problem i've been having after looking in the error logs,is that
>> it's still trying to find /admin/ in the default html root.
> That suggests that the configuration you are editing, and the
> configuration that nginx is using, are not the same.
> You can test by adding the following line:
>     location = /test/ {return 200 "This is a test\n";}
> just after the server_name line and reloading nginx.
> If "curl -i http://localhost/test/" does not show you "This is a test",
> then that's your problem.

I think that's the problem also. After doing that, curl returns 404
Not Found aswell. I then changed root from html to something else just
to test it was using a different configuration file. I changed it on

but localhost still returns the main nginx welcome index page and not
the index.html in my test root dir that was in /var/www/testing

I ran the linux command "locate" and here's its output..

:~$ locate nginx.conf

I wasn't aware of the 1st result returned so i also edited this conf
file. But still no luck. I have no idea where to look for the file or
how to pick a default one for nginx to always use:(