checking for OpenSSL library ... not found

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 09:38:02 UTC 2013

> if you are using centos/fedora you need to install openssl-devel
Thanks Stefanita.

This is kind of weird in auto/lib/openssl/conf (the default case is no
non-MS|non-Borland compilers):

  *)
    have=NGX_OPENSSL . auto/have
    have=NGX_SSL . auto/have

    CORE_INCS="$CORE_INCS $OPENSSL/.openssl/include"
    CORE_DEPS="$CORE_DEPS $OPENSSL/.openssl/include/openssl/ssl.h"
    CORE_LIBS="$CORE_LIBS $OPENSSL/.openssl/lib/libssl.a"
    CORE_LIBS="$CORE_LIBS $OPENSSL/.openssl/lib/libcrypto.a"
    CORE_LIBS="$CORE_LIBS $NGX_LIBDL"
  ;;

My directory structure does not look like that since I built OpenSSL
from sources and installed in /usr/local/ssl. The libs are in
/usr/local/ssl/lib, and I don't believe there's a way to force that
extra ".openssl" in front of it.

Jeff