set arbitrary http header?

zacharyalexstern nginx-forum at nginx.us
Fri Feb 1 20:47:34 UTC 2013

There are several nodes in between nginx and apache. It's not internet ->
nginx -> apache.

It's internet -> nginx -> varnish -> haproxy - > apache1
                                                                     - >
apache2
                                                                     - >
apacheN

So far, everything is in the apache access logs except the IP of the nginx
server connecting.

But you're right, I could just set it manually, for each nginx server. I
might just do that.

And you're also again right that our servers have multiple IPs.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,235827,235837#msg-235837