Nginx redirect domain and sub-domain without www

la_chouette nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Feb 19 21:54:46 UTC 2013

Hello,

for saas web application project I need to redirect subdomains to a specific
directory (app-saas /) without the www.

The domain name must also be without redirecting to the www root.

Ex.
www.domain.tdl  to domain.tdl
www.sub.domain.tdl  to  sub.domain.tdl

www
|-- index.php (domain.tdl, without www)
`-- app-saas/ (sub.domain.tdl, without www)

So I did this but if it does not work with: www.sub.domain.tdl

server {
  listen 80;
  server_name ~^www\.(\w+)\.domain\.com$
  root   /var/www/app-saas;

  location / {
    index index.php index.html index.htm;
    try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php?$args;

server {
  listen 80;
  server_name  domain.com;
  root   /var/www;

  location / {
    index index.php index.html index.htm;
    try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php?$args;

f possible I would like to assemble her two redirect rules in a single
parenthesis "server {...}" to apply to all common filters (header expire,
deny, Hotlink, etc.)

thank you for your help, cordially.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,236359,236359#msg-236359