proxy_temp_path is very slow

Jonathan Matthews contact at jpluscplusm.com
Mon Feb 25 15:01:16 UTC 2013

On 25 February 2013 14:07, Indo Php <iptablez at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using proxy_cache with nginx. I have nginx set as proxy cache to get the
> file from servers in onother country.
>
> Sometimes I have almost 3000 files in the temp path, and my disk I/O is very
> high. Actually I'm using 2 SSD with RAID-0.
>
> May I know is there any other problems? Here's my config
>     proxy_cache_path  /var/nginx/folder levels=1 keys_zone=one:1000m
> inactive=7d max_size=300g;
>     proxy_temp_path   /var/nginx/temp;

If you believe that number of files causes slow IO, why not try
increasing the number of cache directories via the "levels="
parameter?

I have no opinion either way; it would just be one of the things I
would try if attempting to fix this issue for myself.

Regards,
Jonathan
--
Jonathan Matthews // Oxford, London, UK