Purge whole cache zone

oleksandr-shb nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Jan 1 14:12:37 UTC 2013

Hi, I am interested if it is possible to invalidate whole cache zone. Now it
is possible to invalidate single cache item using cache key and third party
module Cache Purge. What I need is to remove all cache items when hitting
some location. So far the ideas are next:
1. remove cache folder, but then you need to restart nginx.
2. create several cache_zones and use the one stored with the name stored in
memcache. So when cache needs to be invalidated the backend will update
cache_zone name record stored in memcache. It seems to be like a possible
way, but have no idea how to implement it.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,234605,234605#msg-234605