Server won't start AND Nginx as reverse proxy nginx-forum at
Thu Jan 3 13:49:05 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

I have two issues on which I can not seem to find decent help:

1- See the configuration below. If the  site is down,
Nginx won't start. I still want Nginx to start whether this site is down or

server {
  listen 8000;
  location / {

2- We have set up Nginx as a reverse proxy server to send users to a few
backend Swazoo web servers. If a particular Swazoo web server is currently
busy handling a request, Nginx does not reverse proxy new incoming requests
to one of the other Swazoo web servers and the site appears to be 'hanging'.
 Any help on this?