Wordpress in a subfolder

Anoop Alias anoopalias01 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 13:43:44 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 7:05 PM, Edho Arief <edho at myconan.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 8:29 PM, Anoop Alias <anoopalias01 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > fastcgi_param  DOCUMENT_ROOT      $document_root;
> >
> > fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_FILENAME    $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
> > ==========
> >
> > Will this not work?
> >

> My last test few years ago showed $request_filename worked much
> better. May or may not matter now, though. Still worth a try, I'd say.

Edho ..that worked .Thanks

But curious to know whats the difference between

=====
#fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_FILENAME    $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $request_filename;
======

If I had set a

root /home/picdn/public_html/wordpress;

inside the location /wordpress ..it would have worked ?.

Whats the best route to take here as I see many docs doing it differently .

Thanks,
--
Anoop P Alias (PGP Key ID : 0x014F9953)
GNU system administrator